BREADROOT NATURAL FOODS COOPERATIVE
100 N. East Street, Rapid City, SD 57701
Special Board Meeting September 19, 2016
5:30p at the co-op mezzanine
Called to order 5:35 PM
Attendees: Dowell Casselli-Smith (Chair, BOD), Jeanne Berry (BOD), Kristi Langrek (BOD), Jeffrey Thouron (GM), Jennifer Benning (Secretary)
- Motion by Executive Committee to pay GM full bonus for Q III KPI performance. (See Wiggio Poll sent put to board members 9/12/16)
- Revised GM contract for Quarter IV in response to new overtime regulations. Executive Committee recommends eliminating QIV KPI process/bonus and instead raising the salary by the $1,000 to bring above the trigger amount. Proposed board resolution: Revise current GM contract to reflect a base salary incorporating the $4,000 heretofore assigned to KPI performance bonuses. GM accountability to be based on quarterly reports and financials in line with the Policy Register and Breadroot Business Plan.
Motion to approve to move the KPI bonus into GM salary. All approved.
Jeffrey should draft a revision to his contract.
- Board recruitment and accountability.
- Karen has moved out of the area and is phasing out of the Treasurer roll. Karen has resigned as a result of her move, but she is willing to be a contact for questions.
- Board membership is now at five. Board is now down to 4 members, since Rebekah Dargatz resigned.
- Need for board accountability in terms of preparation and attendance.
- Need to initiate a focused and intensive effort at board recruitment.
- See documents at CDS on board recruitment.
- See suggestions in Executive Committee minutes for 9/12/16.
More information for community about what a co-op is to help recruit board members;
Kristi will write about what is a co-op; Jeanne will write about what are the benefits of a co-op; Jennifer on why bulk/organic are good for the environment; Dowell will edit the letter for recruitment from membership.
Jeanne will bring some food samples on Oct 17 meeting to showcase the co-op food.
Meeting adjourned at 6:46 PM