Board of Directors
Regular Meeting Proposed Minutes
Meeting Date: 5/15/2017
5:00 – 6:30PM
Location: Co-op Mezzanine
Meeting called to order: 5:00 PM
Attendance: Dowell Caselli-Smith (Chair), Jennifer Benning (secretary – meeting via Skype), Kristi Langrek (BOD – by phone), Jeanne Berry (BOD), Tom Berry (BOD), Karen Psiaki (BOD), Lindsey Hays (BOD), Jeffrey Thouron (GM)
- Approve Agenda (1-min)
- “How is everyone doing?” (2-minutes each = 10min)
- Approve Previous Meeting Minutes (1-min)
All approved, with noted corrections.
- Discussion of Form 8821
Motion to accept that Form 8821 will be signed to authorize a third party (GM) to communicate with IRS. All approved.
- GM Items:
- Policy Compliance Report B5
Motion vote to accept the GM’s policy compliance report in compliance with Policy B5. All approved.
- Signed Form 8821 Authorization for Third Party (GM) to talk to IRS
- Quarterly Membership Report
Motion to accept list of new members to Q1. All approved.
- Board Items
- Officer nomination & voting
- Motion needed that the new officers need “access to our BHFCU Accounts at Authorization Level 1; Signatures to Borrow is 2; GM has same access; Bookkeeper (Jen Owen) has authorization 4 (information only).” This information will produce a form that needs the signatures of all the officers.
Nomination of Lindsey as Chair, Dowell as Vice Chair, Tom as Treasurer, Jennifer as Secretary. All approved.
Motion that 4 officers have authorization at Level 1 signature access with our BHFCU account; Bookkeeper, Jen Owen, has authorization Level 4 access and General Manager retains same access. All approved.
- Committee appointments & First meeting date
- Executive Committee: May 15, 6:30 PM
- Finance Committee: June 12, 5-6 PM
- Nomination Committee: TBD
- BOD Policy Review
- Policy C3 Agenda Planning (from last tabled meeting)
Propose to add discussion of education to next meeting
- Policy C4 Meetings
- Lessons from Annual Member Meeting discussion Tabled
- Notice of CBL 101 Registration deadline. Tabled
- Tasks: Lindsey will write an article about plans as chair
- Discussion of GM Contract [GM will leave the meeting by this time]
- Schedule Next Meeting –June 19, 5:00-6:30 PM
- Meeting adjourned at 6:32 PM